A bit overwhelmed by all of the newest and hottest beauty and fashion trends seen at this year’s New York Fashion Week? We’ve got you covered. A handful of our hairstylists traveled to NYFW, and one of the top hair trends happens to be a look that is just as stylish off the runway, too. This messy style is straight from Ohlin/D.
To get this easy, undone, morning after waves take just a few minutes in the morning to follow these easy steps:
1. If your hair is shiny from a few days of oil build up, apply Aveda’s Shampure Dry Shampoo to the root.
2. Comb through and center part hair.
3. To give the hair a bit of grip, apply Aveda’s Pure Abundance Hair Potion root to ends.
4. Comb through and blow dry scrunching the hair to start to create the texture.
6. Take medium size sections of varying size (1-3″) and push the hair up towards the scalp. A “C”-Shape will form, take the flat iron and press on the c. Count to 5 or 10 depending on thickness of the section and hair.
7. Work around the top half of the head, varying the direction of the “C”.
8. Finger comb through when done.
9. Finish the hair by continuing to break up the texture and use Aveda’s Air Control hairspray on the ends.
10. Walk out and know you look like a badass.